Sunday, October 11, 2015

September 21, 2015

This week was pretty weird lol. We had the Mexican Independance day and everything and that was like the worst day ever because we had to be back at the house at like 6. We had a class with the Pres. until like 2. So we had about 2 hours to work. We weren't able to visit all of our investigators and it really showed when no one came to church. Kinda hurts when you are the mayor and none of your 10 investigators come to church. But I am happy to go and teach them a lesson about the dia de reposo (Sabbath) and have all 8 of them that are still investigators go to church this next week!

We did have an awesome baptism this week. We were able to help Hermana S get married on Monday and then baptized this Saturday! woo! She is really funny and everything, and bought me and my comp a bunch of food lol. I love having baptisms!

My district leader Elder Wadman left this week to go to Xalapa in the offices! So, we got a new district leader named Elder Moore. He is always willing to help so I am happy. Elder Wadman was from Arizona and I guess his friend found my blog and was talking with him about me. lol 


I was with my zone leaders the other day and we were talking about what I would have thought if I had been called to be the district leader to replace Elder Wadman. I said that I would do all that the Lord calls me to do but to be honest that would be really scary. I am having a hard enough time being a mayor let alone having to worry about other elders. They said that when president asked them who should replace Elder Wadman they told president me. They have been telling me that I need to prepare myself because I will be a leader really fast in the mission. Like that is really exciting and all but I am really really scared about this. I have so many other things to worry about. But I know the Lord will provide a way to do all things. 

We went fishing today and it was super weird because it was with a bottle and string. It was like the weirdest looking fish that I have ever seen in my life. I kept on thinking about Black River and all the crazy things we would do.

Love,
Elder Bigelow