Saturday, September 19, 2015

September 14, 2015

Alma 7 is an awesome chapter about what the Lord really took in when he completed the atonement. It was all our sins but much more all of our pains and grief and temptations. You can pray to receive love and relief from even the smallest stresses. 

Well my week was pretty awesome to tell you the truth! We went from having 1 investigator to 8 lol. We just went on a finding spree and found like 7 people in like 3 days. Made me feel really good because at first I was really nervous that we were not progressing in the work and that it was my fault as mayor. That all changed this week lol. I know the Lord is helping me out because some of these families that we found were really cool miracles including an old lady that literally asked us at the door what she needs to do to be baptized. Hopefully we can have a ton of success with this transfer and I can keep working and finding new people this week and my whole mission. 

Like now that I am mayor I feel like the mission is flying by way faster. These two weeks were like 2 seconds, I swear. This week should be really cool because it is the 15 de septiembre, which is the Mexican Independence Day. We have to be in our house at like 6 at night. So, literally we cannot work like at all. Also, we have a class with Pres. Greer in the mañana till like 2. Literally not a day for work which I am kinda sad about but it will also be a really awesome relief. 

Today was a super sick pday! We played nerf in the morning with our zone lol It was super awesome because we just were a bunch of idiots and young boys lol. Then after we went and ate at a place called Peter Dog. It is a hot dog and hamburger place that is super American and good. All the zone was like Elder Bigelow needs to do the challenge! I was like bueno lol. It was to eat 2 hamburgers of 4 patties each with like a ton of cheese 8 (like a ton of cheese lol) and toppings and everything with 6 big buns and like 8 onion rings and a coke in 20 mins. I almost did it too! Like I finished all the meat and toppings and onion rings and only needed to eat the bread in like 5 mins and I couldn't chew fast enough to swallow and so I lost. But I was so close lol. It was fun and the whole zone was there cheering me on and well I have cool pictures lol. 

La verdad (The truth), I am doing like really amazing here. My kid Elder Chiñas is like really cool and we are progressing really fast. I had surprise divisions with the Zone leaders and I went with Elder Morales. The whole time he was talking about how I need to be preparing because I am going to serve as district leader and zone leader really fast in the mission. It kinda freaked me out because I don't feel prepared for what I am doing now. Then to have to lead people, I just don't know how I would be able to do it. My spanish is doing good but I don't feel like I could have the respect of latinos if I was to be leading them. That's in the future however and right now I am happy and healthy lol. I know that if I am chosen to lead, the Lord will help me do so. Sometimes I have a hard time taking control, but the Lord is helping me do what is necessary to work. 

I am looking forward to keep progressing!
Elder Bigelow

Peter dog before (and that's only one burger)

After

Family Picture with my mom, my brother and my kid lol