Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May 5, 2015



Its been pretty awesome! The language is pretty hard, I'm not gonna lie...but I am keeping positive and trying to make sure I am doing everything I can to learn the language and gospel as quick as possible. The days are long and the nights are short but the smiles are plenty and the tears flow. I have cried so much in these past few days that I cannot even stand it! I am loving this place though it is so beautiful, nothing like I imagined it being cause you know Mexico and all but this CCM or MTC is just glorious! 

We got to watch Meet the Mormons on Sunday which was a nice break from the intense amount of studying that we do every day. I learned a lot about the atonement and baptism this week and how it is our duty as missionaries to invite all to come unto Christ, which includes each other and ourselves. I have had small experiences with the gift of tongues. During a lesson, I get to a word that I have no clue how to say but suddenly a thought jumps in there and I give it a guess and suddenly it is the right word and the lesson flows generally pretty smoothly even though our language is not that great. I did have to sing a little song and act out a marriage to get across some words and my teachers think it is the funniest thing they have ever seen but other than that it has been pretty smooth.

My companion is Elder Soto and I will try to include a picture of him, he is pretty bomb and we get along pretty well, even being able to teach generally pretty well together. Unfortunately an elder from my district went home today and that has been pretty hard for the 3 of us left but we will be strong and hopefully in a little while we will see that elder in Xalapa with us.

It has been a long week but I am loving it here so far! Don't worry about me I will be fine and I pray for you every day!

By the way this sunday from 230 to 320 your time be expecting a 30 min phone call from me! Mexican Mothers Day! 
Hayden